Sunday 2 September 2012

I Believe There Is Good Pop Music

This may be my last post for a while. I have things to do over the next few weeks. I'm trying something new, by the way- updating on Sunday!

Recently people have been complaining about the apparent lack of anything good, or anything worthwhile today. I disagree. There is food. A well-cooked meal is among the best things one can have. There is British  televison. Thats often well-worth the half hour.
And then there is you. Who's to say you can't make a difference. After all, who am I to tell you how to live, and why you should be happy. Yet I do it anyway, because I believe that it's worth it. The time I spend doing this is a bright spot in my life, and I hope it becomes a bright spot in others' too.

But I don't know why I'm telling you this, fellow New Heroes. You already understand what I'm trying to do. And you're helping, which is worth more than you will ever know. So thank you.

For the first time since starting this blog, I actually don't know what to say. Usually directors and leaders and such get feedback. You aren't soldiers, New Heroes, you are allowed to question me, or tell me I'm being a complete idiot. Or positive feedback. That's always nice.

I've recently felt like I was losing one of my best friends. We've worked things out (Sort of; I'm still not entirely happy) and we're well on the road to recovery. My challenge for you this week is to reinforce your friendships, and remind youreself of what your friends mean to you. If you need to, make amends. Trust me, it hurts less to say you're sorry than it does losing a friend.

Lycra's always worth a laugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment